WEL PSG Holdings JV is a joint venture between Wajarri Enterprises Ltd and Pacific Services Group Holding Limited. PSG Holdings is an Indigenous owned national construction, maintenance and vertically integrated services business and has built a strong reputation for outstanding customer service, reliability, on-time delivery and quality.
WEL PSG Holdings JV is committed to diversity and inclusion in the work place and to increasing the employment of Indigenous peoples.
WEL PSG Holdings JV is delivering Integrated Facility Services to the CSIRO – Boolardy Accommodation Facility, situated in the Murchison Region of Western Australia.
We acknowledge the Wajarri Yamaji people as the traditional owners of the Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory site and encourage them to consider applying.
This Chef position is needed to join the team and contribute to the effective operation of the food planning, ordering, preparation, production, and service requirements of the Boolardy Accommodation Facility (BAF) site, with successful management in the areas of:
- Menu Planning and Daily Production
- Food quality and providing a variety of options in menu planning that may include gluten free options or vegetarian options
- Food Safety Monitoring and associated paperwork
- Staff supervision
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Liaison and effective communications with the PSG Holdings Site Manager, CSIRO Representatives, and wider Wajarri Yamaji Community Members
- Any other tasks as directed by your manager
Equally this role must be willing to get their hands dirty and assist with the general maintenance of the property and surrounding areas.
This role is to assist with the growing team and success of the project.
- Appropriate Industry experience – minimum 4 years
- Trade qualifications – Certificate IV
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (Essential)
- Diploma Food Safety (Desirable)
- HACCP working knowledge
- OH&S working knowledge
- Experience working with budgets
- Demonstrated experience producing high quality food services in remote camp facilities
- Staff supervisory experience
- Ability to provide high quality menu planning
- Right to live and work in their own right in Australia
Transfers to the camp are provided from Geraldton.
Interested applicants can express their interest by applying online and providing the following information:
- Attach a comprehensive and current resume
- Supply contact details for three appropriate and recent professional references
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions, especially people with connection to the Wajarri Yamaji Community.