- Creating a legacy for the future
- Live and work locally
- Transfer your skills and knowledge
- Sick of rosters?
Meelup Management has been engaged by Wajarri Yamaji Aboriginal Corporation (“WYAC”) which has been endorsed by the The Wajarri Yamaji Working Group as the preferred corporation to be the PBC for the Wajarri Yamaji determinations of native title.
The decision (on the preferred corporation) will go to the community at its meeting, scheduled 21/22 March 2021 with the determination by the Federal Court shortly after based on agreement at the community level. This process has a relatively short time frame now as it is in the final stages and the Corporation will need to move into action smoothly and efficiently.
WYAC is a registered Public Benevolent Institution (charity) and membership-based association. It receives monies through the Murchison Radio Observatory Indigenous Land Use Agreement as well as more recent mining agreements. These funds are then independently invested and distributed by Winja Barna Aboriginal Corporation, the Trust.
In addition, an Enterprise arm of the Corporation is being established to generate income producing assets and enterprises for the benefit of the Wajarri Group.
The primary purpose and mission of the corporation is to develop and keep delivering on the promises made by its board to keep improving the way the corporation serves the Wajarri Yamaji people.
The role of General Manager- Operations
Focussing on its core purpose of serving the Wajarri Yamaji people, the GM Operations is expected to assist and support the entire range of services including leading the office and support staff in their membership facing work, ensuring the process of membership and benefits is rigorously followed and adhered to and related aspects.
This role is a Geraldton based residential role and a solid remuneration includes all of the tools of the trade and a car. We suspect that this role may appeal to families with one partner already working in the region and employment for their partner locally based being attractive.
Whilst a lot of the focus is process and procedurally driven, innovation and the ability to think laterally and lead others to be optimistic and creative is equally important.
Ideally you bring a mixture of skills and life experiences gained over time that enables you to
- Provide leadership and guidance to a small team
- Have commercial acumen including either building a small enterprise from concept into reality or
- Managing a project that utilised your leadership, safety and quality focus whilst working within budgetary constraints to provide a sustainable outcome.
- Having worked in a contracting organisation remotely or been in a service delivery to an asset owner environment would be considered advantageous.
- Utilise your solid network to grow both the organisation and yourself personally.
Additional elements that will be in your toolkit
- A core desire to transfer knowledge and experience with the Traditional Owners built on respect for each other
- Computer literacy including application of basic packages of excel.
- Simple P&L or monthly reporting against budget
- The ability to work remotely and independently. (Some of the work will require you to work on country with remote groups)
Closing date for expressions of interest 17th March 2021
Expressions of interest are invited now and we will be reviewing applications as they are received. Condition and term of appointment including remuneration will be discussed in detail with the appropriate candidates.
Meelup Management is partnering with the WYAC to conduct the selection process and can ensure privacy and confidentiality to all enquiries from local and interstate candidates. Please send your résumé and cover letter outlining your specific qualifications, relevant experience and why you believe you are ideally suited to this opportunity to Chris Wiener, Director Meelup Management. Email address is email@example.com