The Australian Scholarships Foundation is currently offering scholarships available for Indigenous leaders to attend the AICD’s Company Directors Course for Indigenous Business Leaders in Perth in April 2021. The scholarships are focused exclusively on supporting Indigenous communities and will be funded by the Fred P Archer Charitable Trust (managed by Perpetual) and the AICD, administered by the ASF and delivered by the AICD.
Company Directors Course for Indigenous Business Leaders and Assessment Preparation Workshop – 2021
The Company Directors Course™, first run in 1975, is the most established director program in the world and has played a vital role in founding director knowledge and governance standards in Australia. With an average 4,000 participants each year, this is your opportunity to join a community of directors that is shaping the future of governance in Australia.
The Company Directors Course will provide you with frameworks that can be immediately applied to improve board performance and decision making. Over five days plus a half day Assessment Preparation Workshop you will develop your skills by exploring the director’s role and responsibilities. You will embark on interactive working sessions through sector-specific case studies to apply and reinforce your knowledge. After completing the course, you should not only understand the roles and responsibilities of directors, but also improve your contributions to board performance.
This program includes a complimentary Assessment Preparation Workshop to prepare you for the assessment leading to the award of Graduate Member (GAICD).
The Company Directors Course comprises five days:
- The Role of the Board and the Practice of Directorship
- Decision Making
- The Directors’ Duties and Responsibilities
- The Board’s Legal Environment
- Risk: Issues for Boards
- Strategy: The Board’s Role
- Financial Literacy for Directors
- Driving Financial Performance
- Achieving Board Effectiveness
- Learning into Practice
Why apply for the Company Directors Course for Indigenous Business Leaders?
- Improve your effectiveness as a director
- Make a lasting contribution to your board
- Boost the performance of your organisation
- Develop networks to strengthen your director portfolio
- Make confident business decisions
- Safeguard your liability position
- Influence the Australian governance landscape
- Gain credibility with use of the GAICD post nominals
For more information or to apply for one of the scholarships, please visit the ASF website.