Meenangu Wajarri Aboriginal Corporation (MWAC) is an Aboriginal corporation established for the benefit of the Wajarri Yamatji (WY) People. The corporation operates from the Wajarri Community Office, the office distributes benefits received pursuant to the MRO ILUA to or for the benefit of the WY People.
If the Corporation is appointed by the Common Law Holders as a Prescribed Body Corporate, the Corporation will have the following further objects:
- to be and perform the functions of a Prescribed Body Corporate and Registered Native Title Body Corporate under the Native Title Act;
- to hold the Native Title Rights and Interest in trust for the Common Law Holders or act as agents or representative in matters relating to the Native Title Rights and Interests; and
- to manage the Native Title Rights and Interests of the Common Law Holders.
The Wajarri Community Office is seeking expressions of interest for a Trainee Graduate who has an interest in Native Title and/or Heritage.
Our preference is to offer this role to a Wajarri Yamatji person who has completed or Is part way through a university degree, with an interest in Native Title and/or Heritage. We have two offices one in Geraldton and one in Perth, this role can be both flexible in relation to hours and location working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Secretary of the boards.
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary / graduate or post graduate qualifications in a relevant field: Law, Commerce, Community Development, Human Services and/or Cultural studies applicable to remote Indigenous development or similar
- Good working knowledge of ICT platforms and equipment. Ability to support staff with standard IT issues.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and control work tasks to meet priorities, deadlines with minimal supervision
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with a variety of community and agency stakeholders.
- Cross cultural sensitivity, awareness and understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal communities and people
- Demonstrate a high commitment to Aboriginal Social and Emotional Well-being and customer service
If you think you are this person and interested in this type of career, please forward your expression of interest to email@example.com before Friday 13th November 2020.